Monday, January 16, 2012

First Pool Workout

Yesterday was a big day for Laura and I.  Not only did we get out and run in some fantastic weather (she did ten, and I did six), but we also got in a swim as well - oh, and we also made it to Outback (to refuel our glycogen stores), as well as to our favorite pub:  St Anthony's.  It's been a while since we made it there, so it was nice to hang out in a dingy, smokey (child free) environment.

The swim was a relatively new experience for me.  I've done a very, very minimal amount of training in the pool.  Enough to say that I've really done none at all.  So, getting my 1200 meters in was a bit of a struggle.  It was a great workout, but it's somewhat akin to the first time you go run.  I had no idea how fast or how slow I should be going.  I wasn't sure if I should breathe on my left or right (or both).  It's going to take several more sessions before I will even start to feel comfortable in the pool.  I figure about the time that happens, I'll be ready to move into some open water work outs, and start the whole process all over again.

Suffice to say, though, the pool workout was a success.  Fat floats, which definitely works to my advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment